Markplex Corporation provides EasyLanguage® programming services for the TradeStation® trading platform. TradeStation’s EasyLanguage is a great tool. Part of our business is to help you translate technical analysis into strategies, indicators or show-me studies that will help guide your trading. Based around the use of TradeStation EasyLanguage, we offer the following four services:
1) FREE tutorials
EasyLanguage is not a difficult language to learn. Our FREE tutorial pages take you through some simple STEP-BY-STEP programming examples that aim to help your learn to develop your own programs. The BIG advantage of this approach is that you will develop the tool set to adjust you trading ideas and write new programs whenever you need to and without paying high consulting fees.
We occasionally develop programs that you may find useful in your technical analysis. These programs will normally be downloadable for a fee.
I have recently created an EasyLanguage Basic Training course to teach important EasyLanguage concepts and skills, in an easy, beginner friendly, step by step format. The objective of this training course is to get students creating TradeStation EasyLanguage programs as quickly as possible.
The course is in video format, with example programs available for copying and pasting into the EasyLanguage PowerEditor. I will also refer to relevant materials within the existing tutorials and programs sections of this site. This link includes a video that introduces the course and explains it’s format:
We offer one-on-one EasyLanguage training sessions over the Internet. These cover a variety of topics (feel free to let us know of any topic you would like us to cover), last one hour, including questions and answers. Once you are able to develop in EasyLanguage you can program trading strategies and test them. If they are not as profitable as you had hoped you can adjust the programs. This is an invaluable skill.
4) EasyLanguage programming services
Learning to use EasyLanguage can give you a lot of flexibility in your analysis, however, it is time consuming and not everyone has the inclination or wants to invest the time to learn the language. We also provide programming services to your specification. We are based near San Diego, California and also offer training or software development at your location.
EasyLanguage Programming Rates
EasyLanguage development projects are charged at US$ 105 per hour (in addition, members of the Markplex email list are eligible for an additional 10% discount and Gold Pass members receive a 20% discount). We also charge a fee for a data feed required to develop a client program, if required, for as long as the development process takes.
Normally a requirement is shared via e-mail. A specification is produced, including a rough time estimate, and agreed before work is started.
Remember that computers do not understand vague concepts like ‘near’ or ‘touch’. For example, say you have create a horizontal line on your chart at a specific value. You want to create a strategy that will get into the market if the line is ‘touched’. Think about the following:
Does the price actually have to get to the line, or could it get close? (if so, how close?) Does it matter if price breaches the line? If so how much can it breach the line by? Do you want to take action as soon as price touches the line, or would you rather wait until the end of the bar (by which time price may have breached the line)?
If you use the concept of ‘trend’ how do you measure that a trend is occurring?
Please spell out any acronyms that you may use. I may know them – but if I don’t this could lead to errors or misunderstandings.
Steps to a successful EasyLanguage project
1. Think about your requirement and write it down. E-mail it to us. We will ask you for clarification if necessary. Please don’t send a program originally created for another platform without a detailed description of what you want the program to do. If you don’t know where you want to go then we are probably not going to get there! Be aware of copyright issues. Also send as the name of the TradeStation symbol(s) that you would like to develop ‘against.’
2. We will send you our services agreement to sign. Once this is signed and returned with a check for an initial payment on the project, We will begin the project.
3. We will interpret your requirement to more accurately define what we propose to deliver to you. The deliverable for this stage of the project is a specification which will be used for future programming.
4. We will begin programming. We will send you an invoice, weekly for work completed in the previous week.
5. When the project is complete, we will send you a TradeStation ELD file for you to upload into TradeStation on your PC and invoice you for work that has not yet been invoiced.
6. If you require future modifications to the program after delivery, this work will be charged for on a times and materials basis.
Training or EasyLanguage consulting advice is provided by phone at a rate of US $125 per hour, payable in 30 minute increments with an initial session of one hour (plus one hour of preparation) i.e if you engage me for two hours of training you will pay for three hours, to include an hour of preparation. If you wish me to do training ‘live’ at your location then fees and costs of travel will be by negotiation. Click here for more details about these sessions.
Payments may be made by check, payable to Markplex Corporation, by credit card, or PayPal – I accept PayPal Credit Card balance, Bank Account funded payments.
You are not required to have or set up a Paypal account in order to pay by credit card.
Projects are usually payable partially up front and the remainder on delivery of of the project source code.